Do you already own a holiday home, a boat or an aircraft?
If so, you know the benefits of owning an asset like that can bring – wonderful times spent enjoying what you own. But do any of these sound familiar?
- We just can’t use it as often as we used to
- We love it, but would like to explore other things too
- We would like to use it more, but we’d miss the income from hiring it out
- We’d love to unlock some of the capital from it
- We don’t want to sell it but our family needs have changed.
If so, complete our existing owner’s form here (but see “limitations” below)
Whatever the reason, if you are wrestling with the question of what to do with your asset, The OwnerGroups Company may have the solution.
We can help you to sell part shares, on your own terms. We work with you to draw up a viable group scheme in which YOU decide on the main criteria – how many shares there should be, conditions of membership, and so forth. We can then find other members who join you, the founder member, to form a new group. The newly organised group buys the asset from you as an individual, and is then run just like other OwnerGroups, with shared usage, shared responsibility and shared costs.
For example: You have a property worth £500,000. If we were to form a group with three other members, you would get £375,000 cash back, see your annual running costs cut to a quarter of their present level, and keep rights to use the house for 3 months of the year, and of course still retain 25% equity value in the property via the group itself. If, after a few years more, you decide that you really can’t or don’t want to go there any more, your share can be sold, without it being such an upheaval as selling the whole place after many years of sole ownership.
Add the boat you want for your waterside house, upgrade that aircraft engine, update the furnishings in your boat. Just as with any other group, the extra resources available from group ownership may enable you to provide those additional facilities which you’ve always felt you could use to make it a truly perfect asset. These things may have been out of reach when you were the only one paying for it, and using it only a few weeks of the year: but sharing with other owners, it becomes much more possible.
So if you already own something and would like to examine the possibility of selling part shares in it, please contact us by completing the form found below. We’ll discuss the specifics of your case and send you details of exactly how this could proceed.
Limitations on what we can do.
OwnerGroups only puts together groups for existing owners who fit the following criteria.
- The existing owner(s) want to continue to use the asset part time for their their own enjoyment.
- Any property is a single “unit” to accommodate a family or group of friends.
- The current owners can act as private individuals. It is very acceptable (indeed desirable) that title is held via a company, but this should be a non-trading company that doesn’t do any other sort of business. Potential buyers should not need to consider being involved in other business activities.
- The asset is complete and does not require major restoration or development. While we may be prepared to advertise such proposals on behalf of individuals, the complexity of managing them at a distance is already enormous. Typically they end up needing far more attention, drive and determination than was envisaged at the outset, and we cannot recommend adding the complications of decision-making by committee to that mix! So if you have a proposal of that kind, we may be able to help you find partners for it, but will do so strictly on the basis of pre-paid advertising on this site, and agreed but limited services on specific subjects.
- We do not put together fractional schemes for people who simply want to dispose of an asset completely